Did you know?
- 5,923 patients received medical care at the center, resulting in 21,682 patient visits.
- 3,432 patients (58%) had no insurance coverage.
- 2,506 of those patients took advantage of our discount program based on family income. In 2012 Shalom discounted over $719,000 in patient care to the community.
- Over 1,400 patients were enrolled in the Shalom Advantage Program and are receiving further discounts on office visits as well as access to specialty care referrals.
- Over 1,700 of the patients seen in 2012 were new patients to the primary health care center.
- 569 patients received free medications through the patient assistance program. The total value of the medications given free to patients totaled over $300,000.
Did You Know?
- Shalom Health Care Center offers a discount to patients based on their income and family size, but Shalom is not a “free clinic.” A minimum payment of $15 or $20 is required to see a medical provider under this program.
- Shalom is a Health Advantage Provider. Patients who live in Marion County, are under 200% of the federal poverty level, and have no insurance coverage may apply for this program and be seen by a medical provider for as little as $5 a visit.
- Shalom Health Care Center is an enrollment center and is now accepting patients who have health insurance coverage including Medicare, Hoosier Healthwise, and Indiana Medicaid.
- Shalom has several medical providers and staff who are bilingual in English and Spanish. Interpreter services are available in other languages, as needed.
- Your financial gift makes a huge difference in our ability to provide low-cost, high-quality health care to residents of Indianapolis.
- We are in need of community board members and help with administrative duties. Ask a Shalom employee how you can get involved.