July 22, 2021 at 4:00 PM
3400 Lafayette Road, Suite 200, Indianapolis, IN 46222
In 1994, based on the need they were seeing in our community, two nurses had a vision of a community health center that would provide services to low-income residents on the west side of Indianapolis. One year later, Shalom Health Care Center (Shalom) was born. Fast forward 27 years and Shalom is making more of an impact than ever!
Shalom is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that:
- Provides exceptional patient-centered health care that is affordable and accessible for all;
- Ensures that the uninsured, underinsured and low-income residents of Indianapolis receive the quality health services that they need; and
- Acts as a patient-centered medical home for the patients and families we serve.
OUR PROJECT – OUR FUTURE
- When: July 22, 2021 from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- What: Shalom’s 34th street renovations offer enhanced services to better meet the growing needs of our patients and our community.
- Why: The expansion of our services allows us to:
- Improve access for patients;
- Improve clinic efficiency;
- Expand laboratory capabilities;
- Enhance patient flow;
- Manage and monitor patient outcomes;
- Provide COVID-10 services; and
- Create additional isolation areas for the safety of our patients.
On Thursday, July 22, 2021, Shalom invites you to:
- Join us in honoring our two founders, Su Moore and Sandy Burgener, former professors at the Indiana University School of Nursing;
- Preview our renovated facilities;
- Learn how Shalom is making a difference in our Indianapolis community; and
- Learn more about the role that FQHC’s make in our community.
THE ROLE OF YOUR PARTNERSHIP:
Your partnership touches the lives of thousands of Hoosiers every day by:
- Expanding on Shalom’s existing programs and services;
- Funding Shalom’s COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic; and
- Providing health care services to our most vulnerable Hoosier neighbors.